New Custom TransFEr Policies EfFEctive March 1, 2013
- Customer warrants First Edition against copyright liability on their submitted artwork.
- A Hold Harmless may also be required prior to production. Orders that need this Hold Harm release will be on hold until that information is received.
- Artwork not approved for production within 2 weeks will be billed for art at our hourly rate.
- Any art time will be charged within two weeks time, whether the order is approved or not. Art charge is due even if the order has been cancelled.
- Custom artwork minimum charge is ½ hour per order. Art quote approval required.
- Rush proofs for custom orders is a $10 additional FEe per rush proof.
- It is recommended to use your transFErs within 3-6 months of purchase.
- We off Oversized prints for 1 color designs only. These are priced as 2 color cost. Contact Sales for details.
Custom Order & Re-order Policies
- Send vector, art re-orders or requests for custom art quotes to artroom@hixFE.com.
- One (1) email w/one (1) attachment per order.
- First Edition remits "order or re-order received" or "custom art quote" notification.
- For re-orders, please supply the most recent FE invoice number. Re-orders will proof within one (1) working day with a daily 12 noon cutoff.
- Acceptable vector artwork will proof within one (1) working day with a daily 12 noon cutoff.
- Custom artwork will commence once "art quote" approval is received.
- With art approval, complete order data and payment method cleared; orders and re-orders are scheduled to ship within four (4) working days with a daily 12 noon cutoff.
Example: Orders and re-orders approved and complete on Monday, before noon, will be available to ship or be picked up by 4 p.m. on Thursday.
- UPS will email a confirmation of shipment.
- When using a Custom Promo Code, the discount will be off of the transFEr cost only. It does not apply to crystal adhesives FEes or color change FEes. Sometimes the promo codes may include or exclude other ofFErs. Watch the code notices for details on what it covers.
- First Edition will email a notification for pick up on the scheduled ship date.
- If you must have an order before the scheduled ship date, please reFEr to our Rush Order Schedule.
Order Received Complete Indicates
- Final art is approved.
- Order information is forwarded including: quantity, number of colors, PMS or First Edition color numbers (See chart for most utilized colors), type of transFErs, colors changes, etc.
- Ship date and ship method is provided.
- Payment is received and cleared.
- Print production begins when order is invoiced.
Rush ServicesRush services are available for invoiced orders only!
Example: Rush orders invoiced before noon on Monday, will ship as follows:
Invoiced orders must be complete with the approved art, Pantone colors, quantity, type of transFEr and approved by accounting. Non invoiced orders cannot be scheduled to print.
- 1 day ($75.00 rush FEe) will be shipped on Monday or available for late afternoon pickup.
- 2 day ($50.00 rush FEe) will be shipped on Tuesday or available for late afternoon pickup.
- 3 day ($40.00 rush FEe) will be shipped on Wednesday or available for late afternoon pickup.
All orders outside of these parameters will be quoted by our scheduling department.
Minimums and Credit Card Payments
- Custom orders require a 15 sheet minimum.
- $20.00 Minimum on all stock orders. Stock designs may be mixed.
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover with signature on file.
Deliveries, Cancelled Orders and Return Authorization
- First Edition ships UPS Ground unless otherwise advised.
- UPS Overnight, 2nd or 3rd Day Service is available at customer’s expense
- Cancelled orders, in production, will be billed as complete.
- Returns accepted with First Edition RA number only.
- Call tags will be issued for transFErs to be returned to us, in case of misprint issues.
First Edition Custom TransFEr Guarantee
- Instructions and an additional transFErs are provided with every custom order.
- Print test and wash test any new, untried garment.
- Please check carefully and apply a test print on scrap material to verify accuracy. Call immediately if a problem exists.
- First Edition’s responsibility is limited to reproduction of misprinted transFErs only.
- We recommend and use only First Edition Heat TransFEr Machines due to the accuracy of their temperature, heat and pressure.
- First Edition is not responsible for improper applications.
- First Edition transFErs are not warranted if applied to nylon or weather-prooFEd fabric.
Notice to customers currently providing vector artIf you currently provide finished, vector art, First Edition has a new system for faster delivery without rush charges.
Call your First Edition rep for information on how to add your company to our first track user list.